Management Consultant and Supply Chain Expert Herb Shields offered a productive perspective today on what he’s seeing within his client base about current market conditions – some companies are still doing quite well. And nationally, 93% of people are working! While acknowleding that 7%+ unemployment is certainly not a favorable economic condition, Herb notes that too much media focus on economic woes is creating undue fear in employee ranks across most sectors. He sees his clients, which spread from corners of the high tech world to food supply companies, still doing pretty well, with business holding steady. And he agrees that once the rumor mill takes over, productivity tanks! All the more reason for frank communication between Management and nervous employees – ongoing, interactive and honest conversation goes a long way to keeping workers focused and productivity up. Herb suggests a more positive dialg from the highest levels of government could extend this dynamic to the general populace, and help get this ship turned around.
- Are Processors Getting Close to Actually Thinking?!
- Cyber Bill Getting Close…?
- The Uber Problem Isn’t a Culture Issue, It’s a Policy Issue
- One Congresswoman’s Perspective on Why We Don’t Have National Cybersecurity or Privacy Policies
- Final Lessons from the Silicon Valley Cyber Security Summit – Dealing with Data Privacy?