Well, I’m trying to get into the world of Tweets, but help me understand! A respected social media analyst I was following has taken to publishing his blow-by-blow whereabouts (I’m at the airport now, I’m at Oracle now) and I have to admit it’s like “So what?” I’m still looking to get my footing with this latest social media phenomenon, which I’m reading has very little appeal to the younger millenial set. Imagine that – a social media tool that’s primarily the domain of us older types! I get at least one email a day inviting me to a seminar or webinar or something that will teach me everything I need to know about promoting my business through Twitter and Facebook – do this and all problems will be solved. I’m just not seeing it quite yet. Is this just a newer form of texting? Is it ego expression? The use of Twitter in the recent political unrest in Iran is proof of its amazing power when specifically applied – but let’s hope those kinds of situations will be rare. Would love others’ opinions on what impact, if any, Twitter is actually having in your life.
- Are Processors Getting Close to Actually Thinking?!
- Cyber Bill Getting Close…?
- The Uber Problem Isn’t a Culture Issue, It’s a Policy Issue
- One Congresswoman’s Perspective on Why We Don’t Have National Cybersecurity or Privacy Policies
- Final Lessons from the Silicon Valley Cyber Security Summit – Dealing with Data Privacy?